Ready to Bash

Vocal duo Vika & Linda PICTURE: SUPPLIED

All planning work for the upcoming Mundi Mundi Bash is in its final stages of completion.

Organisers of the big music festival – now a fortnight away – say the stage is almost set for the weekend of enjoyment.

The logistics such as plans regarding traffic management are expected to be completed over the next week.

Mundi Mundi Bash event director, Lucas Trihey, said the plans that featured consultation with all stakeholders are very nearly finalised.

“The site is coming along really well,” he said. “We are on track and it’s an exciting time because it’s a culmination of two years’ work.”

He is confident the final traffic plans will be approved and believes the influx of vehicles will be able to be controlled over the three-day festival.

“We want to make sure traffic runs smoothly,” Mr Trihey said. “Our prime focus is making sure people can travel safe.”

Roadwork at the festival site is also showing great signs of progress according to the Bash staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Extra resources and a greater access to facilities will make it easier for patrons and residents.

About 250 compost toilets are expected to be delivered to the area to increase the level of amenities.

“We work very closely with local communities to make sure we don’t block things off,” Mr Trihey said.

Barricades and other measures will be used to ensure parking remains in order.

Outback Music Festival Group Managing Director, Greg Donovan, praised staff for their dedication and professionalism in the lead up to big Bash.

“A huge amount of work is going into it…it’s all coming together as planned,” he said.

“Everyone is experienced and are able to help each other out to fill the gaps.”

A convoy of trucks carrying equipment is scheduled to arrive at the event site tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Donovan is hopeful that the event will be long remembered and encourages cooperation from all festival-goers.

“Hopefully we’ll be sending everyone home with a big smile on their faces – that’s our goal,” he said.

“We want to run a safe event. There’s a lot of things in place to make it a good event for everyone.”

He confirmed that the event crew have contingencies in place to deal with staff shortages or artist cancellations relating to COVID-19.

Bash organisers provided assurance that there will be “ongoing monitoring” to manage any other unforeseen circumstances.

“We have people on the ground to watch,” Mr Trihey said. “We will swing resources around if needed.”

Meetings with stakeholders are already being arranged for a post event assessment.

Mr Trihey said this vital part of the process to ensure the longevity of the event.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We are in this for the long haul and that feedback really matters to us,” he said.

Last week, special Mundi Mundi Bash tickets went on sale for Broken Hill and Silverton residents.

The one-day passes (for April 23) are on offer up until the day before the event unless sold out.

Mr Donovan wants to see community members take advantage and secure their tickets.

“We hope to see a great amount of locals and good opportunity to see what it’s all about and have a great day,” he said.

For more information, visit www.mundimundibash.com.au/home.

Support the Barrier Truth!

We are a small, independently owned newspaper. If you got something from this article, giving something back helps us to continue publishing the truth from the Broken Hill region. Every little bit counts.

More Articles