A Rangelands Carbon Workshop will be held at the Broken Hill Civic Centre early next month to cover different aspects of carbon farming including emission reduction and carbon sequestration potential in soils for Western NSW.
Organisers say it’s a great opportunity for people to ask questions and update their understanding around carbon farming.
The following speakers will be presenting at the workshop:
- John Gavin (Remarkable NRM) on Carbon farming and environmental markets in Western NSW.
- Karl Andersson (NSW Department of Primary Industries) on Organic matter and soil carbon
- Rob Crossley (CarbonLink) on Rangelands soil carbon data.
- Paul Theakston (Western Local Land Services) on Rangelands rehabilitation techniques.
- Susan Orgill (Select Carbon) and Gus Whyte (‘Wyndham’ in Broken Hill) on Developing a farm carbon account.
- Clare Edwards and Lisa McFadyen (NSW Department of Primary Industries) on On-Farm Carbon Advice Initiative.
- NSW Local Land Services with an Update on emerging natural capital markets to be followed by a speaker panel session.
RSVP by Friday October 27 for the 9am to 2:30pm ACDT event to be held at Broken Hill Civic Centre at 31 Chloride St on Thursday November 2.