Man suffers burns at Post Office incident

A contractor carrying out electrical work at Broken Hill Post Office on Monday suffered severe burns to his face, hands, and legs.

The incident occurred around 11am, and emergency services were called. Fire and Rescue New South Wales (FRNSW) Station Officer Don Peters told the Truth, “we got called to an electrical fire at around 11.18 this morning.”

“When we arrived, we were directed to the rear of the Post Office, what you might call the tradesman’s entrance, and we found a man being given first aid by post office workers, and he was severely burnt on his hands, legs and face.”

It is thought the burns were caused by an electrical flash resulting from an accidental short circuit.

New South Wales ambulance confirmed a man aged in his 20s was taken to Broken Hill Base Hospital and Health Service for treatment.

Support the Barrier Truth!

We are a small, independently owned newspaper. If you got something from this article, giving something back helps us to continue publishing the truth from the Broken Hill region. Every little bit counts.

More Articles